I absolutely love the delicious garlicky potatoes made by my Mami. I have fond memories of devouring them during family dinners, whilst growing up. Now that I am in Delhi, I cajoled Mami to make these for me and also teach me how to make them. This is her recipe below:
What you need:
1 kg baby potatoes (If using big ones, peel and cube them)
3 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
How to make:
1. Boil and peel the potatoes.
2. Take oil in a pan and heat. Toss in the potatoes and stir them well till they change color.
3. Add salt and chilli powder to the potatoes and stir well.
4. Add a tbsp water to the garlic paste and mix. Now add this little by little to the potatoes and keep stirring.
5. When the potatoes turn nice and crispy, remove from heat. Garnish with cilantro.
6. Serve with hot with paratha/rice.