I love apple crumble especially in winter ! It is my go to dessert when I have people over or just for the family. This time, I tried to make it healthy by adding walnuts and using rolled oats instead of only flour. Walnuts add a nice dimension to this classic dessert. It tastes heavenly with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on the top.
What you need:
4 apples peeled and cubed
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup flour (maida)
3/4 cup sugar
100 gm butter chilled
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Juice of half a lemon
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon and butter.
- Use your fingertips to add mix the butter into the flour mixture till it becomes crumbly. Throw in the chopped walnuts.
- In an ovenproof dish, add the cubed apples. Toss the apples with lemon juice, a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of the flour mixture.
- Spread the walnut flour mixture evenly over the apples and dot with butter on top.
5. Bake for about 25-30 minutes till golden brown.
6. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!