Bhuna Murgh is a dry chicken curry which is flavorful and delicious besides being easy to make. Bhuna means slow roasting the chicken along with the spices till it is tender and aromatic. The key is to cook on a low flame without adding water. This yummy dish tastes great with roti or naan.
What you need:
- 500gm chicken on bone
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 tablespoon ghee /oil
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Then add the chopped onions, ginger and garlic to the oil and stir well for a 3 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, green chillies and all the dry spices to the onion mixture. Stir well and cover and cook on a low flame for 3-4 minutes. Saute well.
3. Add the chicken pieces now and toss till they are coated well with the onion-tomato masala.
4. Let the chicken simmer on low flame for about 15-20 minutes till it is tender, stirring from time to time.
5. When the chicken is roasted well and has absorbed the flavors of the spices, remove from fire. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
6. Serve hot with roti or naan. Enjoy!