The rains have arrived and the weather has become cool and pleasant! A perfect day to have a one pot meal. I love Thupka soup for its perfect mix of carbs and proteins. It is nourishing and so so delicious. Do give it a try.
What you need:
2 spring onions bulbs chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup mushrooms sliced
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 green chilli
1/2 tsp tomato ketchup
1 chicken breast
1 carrot chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped spinach
1 tsp cilantro chopped
1 cup cooked noodles
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
How to make:
- Heat oil in a pan and throw in the chopped spring onions. Fry these till they are translucent. Now add the ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan now. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Now toss in the carrots, green chilli and chicken. Mix well. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste and tomato ketchup and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add 600 ml of water and let it cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Separately boil egg/rice noodles. Drain the water and keep the noodles aside.
5. Now add the spinach to the pan. After 2 minutes throw in the cooked noodles and also add the soy sauce. Let the broth simmer for 2-3 minutes as the flavors seep into the soup.
6. Squeeze the lemon juice into the soup. Then garnish with chopped cilantro and the green part of the spring onions.