An all time favorite dish in our family is Chili Chicken. I love eating it in restaurants but was conscious of the fact that it was deep fried. I decided to make it at home without frying it and it turned out delicious! This quick and easy chicken can be paired with fried rice, noodles or had just on its own!
What you need:
- 500 gm boneless chicken
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 green capsicum cut into bite size cubes
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce/ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 5-6 green chilies sliced long
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 inch piece ginger sliced long and thin
- Salt if needed
- 2 tbsp oil
How to make:
- Cut the chicken into cubes of about 1 inch each. Marinate the chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, red chili powder and pepper powder.
- In a wok, take 2 tbsp oil and heat. Now add the slit green chilies to the oil. Then toss in the marinated chicken. Cook on low heat without covering till the chicken is done.
3. Throw in the bell pepper and spring onions into the wok. Also add the tomato ketchup and honey. You can add more soy sauce, if desired, at this stage. Stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Now add 1 tbsp of cornstarch to the chicken and stir well till the sauce thickens and coats the chicken well. Remove from heat.
5. Finally add the sliced ginger to the chicken and cover it and let it sit for a few minutes so that all the flavors are absorbed.
6. Serve hot with either fried rice or noodles. Enjoy!