Fast and easy and tasty too! Fish made with freshly ground spices and then flash fried….perfect for unexpected guests or when the kids want a quick bite. Here’s how it is made.
What you need:
2 tsp Coriander Seeds
1 tsp ghee
2 tsp toor(arhar) dal
1 tsp pepper
2 red dry chillis
½ tsp cumin seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
Salt to taste
How to make:
- Dry roast the first 6 ingredients and then grind them coarsely.
- Wash fish with a tbsp of vinegar. Pat dry and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Toss the fish well with the ground spices and add a good squeeze of lemon.
4. Also add the turmeric and chilli powders and salt to the fish.
5. Flash fry the fish in medium hot oil or pan sear it with a spray of oil.
6. Serve hot with green chutney/sauce. Enjoy!