One chicken dish which is on the menu of all Indian restaurants is Chicken Tikka Masala. This yummy chicken dish is full of flavor and is a perennial favorite! This super easy chicken dish goes with rice, bread/pita or naan. Here I have made it with a little more gravy as I was serving it with rice. Enjoy!
What you need:
500 gms chicken cut into pieces
2 tbsp tandoori paste or tikka masala paste (I use Pataks)
2 tbsp yogurt
3 tbsp cream (I use light cream)
1 cup tomato puree
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp minced ginger
2 medium onions ground
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
How to make:
- In a bowl combine the tandoori paste and yogurt. Throw in the chicken pieces and coat them well with the marinade. Keep refrigerated for 3-4 hours.
- Heat a skillet with 2 tbsp oil. Saute the chicken pieces well and cover and cook on low heat till almost done. (Instead you can also bake chicken in an ovenproof dish at 350 F for about 10 mins).
3. Next heat oil in a pan. Add the ground onions and stir till they turn pink. Add the ginger and garlic and saute well for 2-3 mins. Now add the chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and mix well. Stir for a couple of minutes on low heat.
4. Now add the chicken and toss well.
5. Separately mix the tomato puree and cream in a bowl together. Add this mixture to the pan. Stir well and add salt. Let it come to a boil. Lower the heat and cover and cook for 5 minutes. (You can add 1/2 cup of water or more depending on how thick you want the curry).
6. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice, roti or naan.