Mushroom pepper stir fry is an easy dish to make which goes well with bread, roti and rice. This simple recipe gets its unique flavor from fennel (saunf). My family loves it as it uses both mushrooms and bell peppers which they really like!
What you need:
200 gm mushrooms sliced
1 bell pepper sliced long
1 medium onion sliced long
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
5-6 Curry leaves
1-2 whole red chillies (optional)
1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pepper powder
2 tsp chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
Salt to taste
How to make:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering add the curry leaves, fennel seeds and red chillies.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn pink. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Throw in the coriander powder and saute for another couple of minutes.
3. Now add the bell peppers and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Toss in the sliced mushrooms and salt and cook on medium heat till all the water evaporates from the mushrooms. Now add the pepper powder. Stir in the lemon juice and cook till everything has mixed well.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with bread, chapati or rice.