Oats vegetable raita is a healthy, flavorful stand alone dish which is wholesome and nutritious. Oats not only aid weight loss but are also beneficial in heart disease, diabetes and cholesterol. And yogurt is loaded with vitamins and proteins. Oats vegetable raita is a great way to incorporate this wonderful ingredient with the goodness of yogurt to make a super food!
What you need:
For 1 serving
1 cup yogurt
1 medium carrot grated
1 medium cucumber grated(squeeze the water out)
2 tablespoons oats
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
3-4 curry leaves
1 dry red chilli
1/4 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
How to make:
- Beat the yogurt until smooth in a bowl.
2. In a pan, dry roast the oats till they turn slightly brown. Grind them to a powder in the blender..
3. Add the powdered oats to the yogurt and mix well. Stir in the grated carrots and cucumber, pepper and salt to the yogurt.
4. Cut the red chilies into smaller pieces and dry roast in a small pan along with mustard seeds and curry patta.
5. Temper the raita with this and enjoy!