I had been wanting to make roast potatoes with Indian masalas when I came across this amazing recipe. What makes this dish so special is the fresh ground spices which are added to it. It was a big hit with my family and friends! So here is the recipe.
What you need:
500 gms baby potatoes (you can also use 4-5 big potatoes)
1 tsp cumin seeds
Pinch of asfoetida (hing)
1 tsp dry mango powder (amchoor)
4 tbsp oil
salt to taste
For spice mix
1 tbsp coriander seeds
3-4 dry red chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel (saunf)
1 tsp black peppercorn
How to make:
- Wash the potatoes and boil in a pressure cooker till done. Cool and peel and keep aside.
- Dry roast all the spices for the spice mix till they are light brown and fragrant. Once this mixture has cooled down, grind it finely and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and asfoetida. Once the seeds crackle, throw in the potatoes and stir well.
4. Add the ground spices, mango powder and salt to the potatoes and toss well till the potatoes are coated with this mixture. Cook till the potatoes turn crisp on the outside.
5. Drizzle lemon juice on the potatoes and then garnish with cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy with bread, paratha or puri!