My dinner tonight was this super easy garlic, honey and mustard flavored salmon. It was easy and it was delicious and healthy…what more does one want! Cooking the fish wrapped in foil, made the flavors and spices steep into the fish making it flavorful and tender as well. You can have this on a bed of salad or stir fry veggies or with noodles, fried rice or quinoa.
What you need:
4 salmon fillets
1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 4 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tbsp, freshly grated
- Sriracha chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Red chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves, mince
- Sea salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- sesame oil – 2 tbsp
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Throw in all the ingredients for the sauce separately in a bowl. Mix well.
- Dunk each salmon fillet in the sauce and arrange on baking sheet. Spoon the remaining sauce on the fillets.
- Fold the foil paper over the salmon covering it properly and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Open the foil and broil the salmon for 2-3 minutes till it gets a bit brown.
- Garnish the salmon with some roasted sesame seeds. Serve on a bed of stir fry veggies. Enjoy!