This tasty and delicious stir fry will make even the most die heard broccoli haters love broccoli! I recently came across broccoli made in the Chinese stir fry style with soy sauce and sesame seeds(Courtsey: Traditionally Modern Food). I tried it and it was YUM and so I had to share it on this blog. This is a simple and easy recipe which is quick to make! You can combine it with noodles, rice or quinoa. Or even have it on its own.
What you need:
1 Broccoli cut into florets
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
2 cloves garlic finely minced
1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
How to make:
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well. Let it stand for 5-10 mins.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok till it is smoking. Add the broccoli florets and stir and cook for 5-7 mins.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the sauce to the broccoli. Mix well and keep stirring till the sauce thickens.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds and serve hot. Enjoy!