With the summer going on in full swing, I was longing to try out a different kind of salad. I came across this salad created by Cat Cora and immediately decided to make it. This classic coleslaw has a nice tangy flavor with the addition of hot sauce and fresh cilantro. It has all the goodness of broccoli with a generous serving of vitamins C, K and calcium!
What you need:
- 1 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packages of broccoli slaw (I bought mine from Traders Joe)
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
How to make:
1. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook on medium heat until the garlic begins to color. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the garlic and oil mixture together with the mustard and sugar. While continuing to whisk, slowly add the remaining olive oil, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli slaw and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top just before serving.