Once I tried this delicious and savory treat, I was hooked and had to learn how make it. It is surprisingly quick and easy to make, making it one of my go-to recipes. Special thanks to Pete for the recipe!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Rye bread
3. Corned beef (pastrami works great too……personal preference!!!)
4. Swiss cheese
5. Thousand island dressing (Russian dressing is the same thing)
6. Salted butter
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Butter the outside of the bread so when you put it on the baking sheet the un buttered parts are facing the inside of the sandwich (be generous with the butter).
3. Make the sandwich in the following order; meat, sauerkraut, thousand island, Swiss cheese. Again the buttered parts should be facing outwards.
4. Put the sandwich on a baking tray and cook it in the oven for 10 minutes (do 12 minutes if you prefer extra crispy)