This dish is inspired by my friend Karishma’s recipe for Chilli Garlic Fish on her facebook page “Wishes in a Pan”. It looked delicious and easy to make. I tried it out yesterday, when both the kids were home. They loved it! This quick and easy fish goes well with noodles, rice or even quinoa. It has all the goodness of fish and veggies, and the flavor of sauces to make it into a favorite dish.
What you need:
5 fillets of Tilapia cubed
1 red bell pepper cubed
1 green bell pepper cubed
4 spring onion stems chopped
1 red onion sliced
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
8-9 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tsp chilli garlic sauce
1 1/2 tsp of schezuan sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet thai chilli sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Chilli sesame oil for stir frying
2 tbsp regular oil for pan frying
How to make:
1. Take cornstarch, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Roll the cubed fish in this mixture so that it is coated evenly.
2. Heat regular oil in a non stick pan and saute the fish till it is golden in color. Make sure not to over fry the fish.
3. In another pan, heat the chilli sesame oil. Now add the minced garlic to this and saute till golden. Add the chopped veggies (mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, spring onions) and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the sauces and stir well. Now throw in the fried fish and mix well. Saute for 2-3 minutes till the veggies and the fish are well coated with the sauces.
5. Serve hot with rice or noodles or quinoa.