Spring is in the air! And the grilling season will soon begin. I kind of pre empted it a little by deciding to grill some avocados and cherry tomatoes today for dinner. This is an easy dish which can be used as a starter or a side dish. It looks fantastic and is delicious, combining the goodness of both avocados and cherry tomatoes.
What you need:
12 cherry tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp of fresh squeezed lime juice
2 green chillies finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Sea salt to taste
2-3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sour cream
How to make:
1. Halve and pit the avocados. Brush some of the oil mixture onto each half and season with salt and pepper.
2. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil. Season with salt.
3. Place the avocados on the grill cut-side-down. Add the tomatoes alongside. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, turning the tomatoes once.
4. Crush the garlic clove into a medium bowl. Add the oil and lime juice and whisk together.
5. Remove the avocados and tomatoes from the grill.
6. Halve the tomatoes and add them to the oil and lime juice mixture in the bowl. Fold in the chillies and cilantro to complete the blistered tomato salsa.
7. Spoon the salsa mixture into each avocado half. Decorate with dollops of sour cream. Serve warm.