I thought of making broccoli for our meal tonight and decided to add peanuts to the dish to make it more acceptable to the rest of the family! The peanuts added a nice crunch to the broccoli and my kids actually wanted seconds! This nutritional superstar vegetable is loaded with phytonutrients and is high in calcium, vitamin c and beta carotene. It is a rich source of both soluble and insoluble fibers. It is good for arthritis and cancer, and also improves blood pressure and heart health. A definite addition to a healthy diet.
What you need:
1lb brocoli florets
2 tbs veg oil
1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1 large onion sliced
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 green onion chopped(green parts only)
Sweet chilli sauce to taste
salt to taste
How to make:
1. Heat oil in a skillet. Add the peanuts and fry.
2. Add the sliced onion and cook for a few minutes till they start turning brown.
3. Add the broccoli florets and saute well with the onions. Cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes till the florets are tender but still crunchy.
4. Now add the soy sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce and salt. Toss till the florets are evenly coated.
5. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve hot.