Rum Balls is one of the easiest holiday desserts to make and is delicious as well. Whenever I have make them, they have got rave reviews! They are a regular treat during Christmas in our house. They do taste better the next day as the full flavor of the rum soaks in, so you can make them ahead of time. They are yummy and finish fast, so do make lots! I have adapted this recipe from Food Wishes.
What you need:
8 oz chocolate brownies to make about 20 small rum balls(I used the store ones but you can make your own)
1/3 cup dark rum
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make:
1. Take the brownies in a bowl and crumble them.
2. Pour the rum over the brownies and let them soak for a few minutes.
3. Shape the brownies dough into one inch balls. Cover and keep in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Dip the brownie balls into the melted chocolate so as to coat them evenly.
5. Arrange them in a serving dish and refrigerate them for about 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle some cocoa powder and powder sugar on the rum balls. They are now ready to serve. Enjoy!