Quick, mouth-watering, and easy to make – this lightweight dessert is a surefire crowd pleaser. Appropriate for any occasion, people will be impressed not just by the elegant name but also by the sumptuous taste. Be sure to give this one a try!
What you need:
2 medium to large pears
1 shot of brandy (or to taste)
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup melted butter
3 tbsp plain flour
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 250°C.
2. Peel and slice pears into quarters and place in a microwavable bowl.
3. Pour in shot of brandy over pears and heat in microwave for 90 seconds.
4. Whisk the sugar, almonds, butter and flour together in a small bowl.
5. Take the pears out and stir the juices left in the microwavable bowl in with the almond mixture.
6. Transfer the entire mixture into an oven-proof dish.
7. Lower the pear slices into the mixture.
8. Bake in oven for about 40 minutes or till done.
9. Remove from oven and decorate the frangipane with some fresh fruit. I had blackberries on hand so I used those.