I had been looking for a healthy baked chicken recipe, when I came across this one. I added a little more flavor and kick to the recipe by using chilli flakes and Italian salad dressing. I also used Panko crumbs instead of breadcrumbs as a healthier and crunchier option. This easy to make chicken turned out to be moist and delicious!
What you need:
4 chicken breasts
4 tbsp Italian salad dressing
3 tbsp olive oil
3-4 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 cup panko crumbs
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp basil leaves (I used fresh but dried basil leaves can also be used)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Pound the chicken breasts to make them flatter. Season them with salt and black pepper.
3. Mix together olive oil, Italian salad dressing, basil leaves and finely minced garlic and pour into a ziploc bag.
4. In another bowl mix the panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder and red chilli flakes.
5. Throw the chicken breasts into the Ziploc bag, shaking well, till each breast looks well coated with the oil mixture.
6. Remove the breasts from the Ziploc bag and dip each in the panko crumb mixture.
6. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking tray and bake for 30 minutes till the chicken is done.