My friend Jyoti baked this delicious cake yesterday for a dinner that I was giving. The cake was outstanding with everyone wanting seconds! Wonderfully moist and soft, it had great texture as well.
What you need:
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking oil spray.
1. In a mixing bowl take the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence and beat them well till creamy.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
3. Heat the butter and milk to boiling point in a saucepan.
4. Alternately fold in the flour(2) and the butter and milk mixture(3) to egg mixture(1) in the mixing bowl.
5. Pour in the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake in hot oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes and invert onto a rack.
6. For the topping: Whip together all the ingredients for the topping and spread on top of the cake.
7. Set the oven on Broil and put the cake back in the oven for about 8-10 minutes till the topping is nicely brown. Remove from the oven. Let it cool and then cut into slices and enjoy!