If you like tandoori chicken you will really love this recipe. Not only does it taste good it is also easy to make! Enjoy this tender, juicy chicken with a crisp smokiness and the flavors of toasted cumin and coriander, garlic and ginger. While I have used ready made tandoori masala, you can also get the same taste by rubbing the chicken with cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder – see note at the end of recipe.
What you need:
6 chicken legs without skin
1/2 cup yogurt
3 tbsp tandoori masala (I use Patak’s tandoori masala paste)
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Pinch of orange food color (optional)
Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Clean and wash the chicken legs and make slits with a knife in them.
2. In a bowl combine yogurt, ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala, salt and juice a lemon. If you want a red color, you can add the coloring now.
3. Marinade the chicken in the yogurt mixture for 6-8 hours.
4. Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Arrange the chicken on a baking tray and put in oven. Turn the chicken pieces once after 30 minutes of cooking time, then roast for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until slightly charred on the second side.
5. Remove the chicken to a platter, garnish with the onion rings and a few wedges of lemon, and enjoy!
Note: Instead of the ready made tandoori masala, you can use:
1 tsp Chilli powder, 2 teaspoon Coriander powder, 2 teaspoon, Cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon, Garam masala powder