I came across this recipe today and could not wait to try it! Coated with a combination of panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, the zucchini rounds bake up crispy on the outside with a tender center. A delicious way to eat zucchini!
What you need:
1 lb. zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray.
2. Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
3. In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
4. Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing well. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.
5. Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.
6. Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking — they crisp up on both sides as is.)