Quinoa is versatile, healthy, delicious, and easy to make…what more can anyone ask for?!? One of my favorite recipes is quinoa tossed with crumbled feta, spinach,cherry tomatoes and you guessed it…avocados! Mom and I made this tasty treat in less than half an hour (and devoured it in half that time).
What you need:
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups chicken stock
1 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/3 cup crumbled feta
How to make:
1. Warm oil on a saucepan over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion until onion is translucent (3-4 minutes).
2. Add quinoa, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
5. Serve fluffed and tossed with avocado, tomatoes, spinach and feta.