A friend, who I had not seen for some time, decided to drop by during her lunch hour at work. I wanted to make something which was quick and easy. Hot tomato fish curry with steamed rice seemed just right for the cold wintry day!
What you need:
- Boneless and skinless fish filets (500 grams)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves
- 2 bayleaves
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 red tomatoes
- 3 garlic pods chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli pd
- 2 tsp coriander pd
How to make:
1.Rub fish with turmeric powder and salt keep aside for 10 min
2. Heat oil in a skillet and add the cloves and bay leaves.
3. Grind the ingredients mentioned in the list and add to the hot oil. Let it cook on medium flame for until all the water evaporates.
4. Now add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 mins.
5. In a separate skillet shallow fry the fish till golden brown.
6. Now add 3 tbsp milk to the curry and add salt to taste.
7. Add the fried fish to the curry and let it simmer for 5 mins.
8. Garnish with coriander and sprinkle garam masala. Serve hot with rice.